Hard to say because the large majority of Capitol Surveillance Cameras were taken down...
Tea Party movement drives home the point that Americans prefer a small government that does not interfere with people's rights and liberties. It brings to present the original intent of the writers of the U.S. Constitution.
Tea Party Protest in Washington, D.C., Saturday, September 12, 2009. It now appears to have been the largest gathering of the people in Washington, D.C., ever! And what did a variety of news sources report? Here's my selection:
- White House Friday: Zero? The White House on Friday claimed it was unaware of the planned rally. "I don't know who the group is," White House spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters with a shrug. [ From http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/12/tea-party-express-arrives-march-washington-protest-government-spending/ ]
- Arlington Cardinal and many others: Thousands? [ From http://www.arlingtoncardinal.com/2009/09/12/thousands-of-tea-party-protesters-912ers-march-in-washington-d-c/ ]
- USA Today: Tens of Thousands (updated on Saturday night after the event!)[ From http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-09-11-tax-rally_N.htm ]
- Associated Content: Hundreds of Thousands [ From http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2167613/the_tea_party_march_on_washington_draws.html?cat=62 ]
- Peoples Press Collective: A Million Plus [ From http://www.peoplespresscollective.org/2009/09/a-million-plus-marchers-at-washington-dc-9-12-tea-party/ ]
- YouTube: wtcfreedomtowers: 1.5-2.0 Million! [ From http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoPud1TeubM ]
Watch the YouTube video, see the crowds and decide for yourself ;)